Things to consider when working in the studio.
- Sometimes not the only person using the studio – be considerate (no food, drink, loud noise and take up too much room
- Move away from the background
- If space allows work in the centre of the studio
- Light background separate from the subject
- Set ISO to 100 and shutter speed to 1/160, adjust brightness with aperture(old cameras may be 1/60)
- Unless using continuous lighting the shutter will not affect the brightness
- Set white balance to FLASH
- Experiment and practice
- One effective picture may be the result of a whole day experimentation
- Do not use the model bulb light to make the exposure.
Studio diagram on best working practice.
Also be aware of any Health & Safety issues
- do not leave cables trailing – always use closest plug socket to the light unit
- make sure the tripod and lighting stands are erected correctly
- always position camera and lights over one leg of the stand or tripod to enable maximum stability
- never use water near plug sockets
- if using large items of equipment or the hoist for overhead lighting, ALWAYS get help and do not use alone.