Set Chemicals in wet bench – developer, wash, fix and fill cascade wash sink.
- place image in negative holder on the enlarger, shiny side up and upside down as due to the lenses the image will be reversed
- turn normal lighting off and work under red light conditions
- turn on lamp on the enlarger
- size and focus image using focussing wheel on left hand side of enlarger and using grain finder.
- position image onto easel underneath where you want image to be on photographic paper
- produce test strip as you would when printing a contact sheet (earlier in blog)
- choose exposure time from test strip
- place paper in easel
- expose image
- develop image. developer 1 minute, wash 30 seconds, fix 2 minutes, cascade bath 20 minutes
- check exposure and if necessary change exposure time and contrast and repeat from step 1.