cost of insurance at Hiscox with both indmenity and liabilty insurance
however it is more worthwhile going with the AOP for insurance as it is a third of this price for members and includes both forms of insurance along with legal help when needed along with other benefits of membership for free as a student.
From AOP website
Benefits of becoming an AOP Student:
- Recognition as part of The Association of Photographers and the peer group it represents.
- Eligibility to enter the AOP Student Awards (Discounted entry)
- Eligibility to enter the AOP Open Award (Discounted entry)
- Exclusive Student/ Junior Assistant Membership Insurance Policy through Williamson Carson and Co This introductory offer is £109.50 (£100.00 + £9.50 tax) – Reduced from £246.37. That’s a saving of £132.50; Equipment £5,000 (cover in respect of loss, damage or destruction of photographic equipment) UK only (Including 45 days overseas free of charge); Public liability £1,000,000; Employers liability £10,000,000
- Free quarterly Image Magazine App.
- Weekly member-only e-newsletter
- Workshop and Events (access to discounts & free events)
- Business Templates Forms
- AOP Usage Calculator
- Beyond the Lens: The essential guide to rights, ethics and business practice in professional photography for £10, saving £20.
- AOP Awards Book at £20, saving £10
- How to…. Guides. Handy and easy to understand ‘how to’ guides covering the basics of studio life
- Links to useful places
- A glossary containing many slang-words, colloquialisms and jargon used throughout the industry
- 6 months free AOP Junior Assistant Membership on completion of your course
– See more at: http://www.the-aop.org/joinus/student#sthash.jjk4V7sP.dpuf